the Deities were curious to know about the reasons for shiva tandavam, they asked Suta mahamuni to clarify the reason.
Suta muni replied them once there lived a demon called Daruk. He performed severe tapas and acquired power and with that he
started toturing all devas and humans. All the deities went to Lord Shiva for Resuce, Lord shiva asked parvathi to help the
deities. One part of Parvathi’s conciousness entered into the body of shiva, then she attained the physical form with
the poison stored in the throat of shiva, she came out of the body of shiva from his third eye.
effect of poison has made her complexion dark. Which made every one afraid. She was none other than Kali. She killed Daruk
with the permission of Parvathi, even after killing Daruk her angry did not subside, and whole world was threatened by her
anger. Lord shiva then incarnated as a small child and started crying, Kali thought that the child was in hungry. She started
feeding the child her Breast milk, in process of sucking milk Lord sucked out her anger. After her anger is reduced Goddess
Kali became unconscious. lord shiva then performed shiva tandavam for the first time to bring back Goddess kali back to consciousness.
When kali regained her consciousness she saw Shiva Dancing. She too started dancing that is the reason for calling her Yogin.
THE SUN - MANIFESTATION OF
Lord Shiva manifests himself in the form of Sun. The Sun radiates twelve different types of rays
which have specific impacts and influences on the world.
- The first ray is called Amrit and the deities derive their power from it.
- The second ray is called Chandra and it helps in the preservation of medicinal herbs.
- The third ray is called Shukla and it helps in the propagation of religiousness in the world. It also helps the food
crops to become ripe.
- The name of the fourth ray is Harikesha and all the constellations get their nourishment from it.
- The fifth ray is called Vishwakarma and it gives the planet mercury.
- The sixth ray is called Sanyadwasu and it nurtures the planet--Mars.
- The seventh ray is called Arvavasu and it nurtures the planet Jupiter.
- The eighth ray is called Surat and it nurtures the planet --Saturn.
- The nineth ray is called Susumana and it nutures the moon, etc.